Citric Acid Water Softener – Have you ever seen a wash basin, walls and utensils perforated with satins? Or have you ever felt that your skin looks itchy after shower? Ever wondered why? This is because of the supply of hard water in your houses from a source where they are either or not treated properly.
What is hard water?
Pic Credit:- Wikimedia Commons
In simple words, Hard water contains high minerals and metals. It is the deposits mainly of limestone or chalk which are made up of calcium and magnesium.
So, as you see in this modern era of technology there is a solution for the above mentioned problems too.
Solution is making the water soft using water softeners or mainly water softening with citric acid. It is known as water softening.
List of Salt Free Water Softener Online
|NuvoH20 Water Softener||Click to Buy|
|PureRite Water Softener||Click to Buy|
|Eddy Electronic water Descaler||Click to Buy|
Aquios DS300 Duo Water Filter
|Click to Buy|
Springwell Futuresoft Salt-Free Water Softener
|Click to Buy|
Filtersmart Whole House Water Filter
|Click to Buy|
Fleck 5600 SXT
|Click to Buy|
What is Softening?
Water softening is a process in which certain mineral ions are removed or captured from the hard water in order to not let them react with the detergent or utensils or even your skin.
This water softening can be done in two ways, one either by removing all the metal ions from the water or to bind the ions with other ions which makes them unable to react afterwards.
Below is the full detailed information for you on the solution to the problem by citric acid water dispenser.
What is Citric Acid Water Softener?
It is basically a substance, a chelate agent, which is used for binding the calcium and magnesium ion.
However, you should not over use it, otherwise will make the water more alkaline ultimately making it less effective for purposes.
Here chelate eliminates the metal ions which are helpful in crosslinking and stabilize structure, and should be used in limited amounts.
Benefits of Citric Acid Water Softener in Home
- Using citric acid in water softener makes the water available in your house soft, which is a lot more useful thing comparatively.
- Water from citric acid filters works as a household cleaner making the soft leather or scum.
- When you use a citric acid filter in your house the already presented limescale gets softened. Also helps in improving the life of the pipe as citrus does not allow limescale to accumulate thus extends the need of plumbing.
- The soft water easily makes scum or leathers with detergents while cleaning the clothes. As hard water does not make leather or scum while cleaning cloths because of the heavy mineral ions present in it.
7 Best Citric Acid Water Softener Complete Review
Now, after describing you all about the use and importance of turning hard water to soft water using Citric Acid.
Following are the 7 best top-picked citric acid water filters.
NuvoH2o Citric Water Softener
NuvoH20 Water Softener is one of the three best premium citric acid water dispenser available from NuvoH2o, the company which specializes in making water filters and softeners and mainly emphasises on citrus not salt.
This is designed specially for the adjustment of the pH of your water and also uses some other agents for better binding and thus prevents accumulation of scaling your taps surface.
Key Features of NuvoH20 Water Softener
- It has the excellent filter quality which filters out 20,000 gallons of water before there is a need to replace it.
- Nuvoh2o is approved by the legal authorities like FDA and NSF which makes you confident to use it safely.
- These are designed effectively proving themselves eco-friendly with no use of electricity and no wastage of water.
Specification of NuvoH20 Water Softener
- Nuvo H2o water system uses a 2 inch * 20 inch Replacement cartridges which needs to be replaced every 20,000 gallons.
- The product’s dimensions are 5 * 5 * 24 inch and has a weight of about 8 pounds.
- Nuvoh2o softener do not require any battery for operation
PurRite Water Filter Softener
PureRite Water Softener is one of the cheapest Water filter available in this list. Manufactured by the trustworthy chain companies involved in Sears and Home Depot.
You can install the citric acid water softener very easily and fast and on average it just takes about a few minutes for the installation.
Key Features of Purerite Water filter
- Purerite filters out and purifies all the large particle and common molecule ions, makes sure that they do not provide any type of irritation and no odour is there.
- Next the 15 multi-step process adds up some important elements such as Vitamin C, Nano silver, etc which ultimately helps in increasing health.
- Pureit Softeners are designed specially to be put on shower head which directly provides you with fresh and clean water.
Specifications of Purerite Water Filter
- Purerite water filter is cylindrical which has 3.5 inch diameter and 7.7 inch height. The product weights about 1.28 pounds.
Eddy Electronic Water Descaler
Eddy Electronic water Descaler is manufactured by British electronic company Eddy, it is of the average price product water softener available in the market.
According to the legal information this product is CE and FCC certified in the UK, and others stating this to be a high-quality citric acid water softener, which is both effective and safe to use.
Key Features of Eddy Electronic Water Softener
- The biggest asset which you get with this product is that it comes with the lifetime assurance for you to sit back and relax, if anything happens like stop working or damages it will be repaired or replaced.
- You will not require any extra plumbing and will be easy to install.
- As stated in the products description you will not have to worry for the maintenance of Eddy Water Descaler and saves a lot of money.
Specifications of Eddy Electronic Water Softener
- Eddy Water softener size dimensions around 6.75 * 1.5 * 3.5 inch and has a weight of 7.8 ounces and it does not require a battery
Aquios DS300 Duo Salt-Free Water Softener
Aquios Duo Water Filter has the features somewhat similar to the above two mentioned products but over with higher quality. It has the two stage catalytic carbon filtration.
Key Features of Aquios DS300 Duo Water Filter
- Aquios is designed for the higher flow rate and higher filtration which allows the fast and efficient filtration of the water with no extra loss.
- It can handle the GPG of hard water which is even more than the average value thus making it more reliable for almost every sample water.
- Aquios Duo Has the salt-free technology which helps in the prevention of the limescale forming of the water.
- You will be amazed to get a 20-years warranty included with the product.
- The 5-micron catalytic carbon of Aquios water filter helps to remove the smallest chemical particle available.
Specifications of Aquios DS300 Duo Water Filter
- Aquios DS300 water filter system is 17 * 17 * 14 inch which gives the flow rate of 15 gallons per minute.
- It does not include or require any battery.
Springwell Futuresoft Salt Free Water Softener
The salt free water softener called Springwell Futuresoft is produced by the company which produces the salt water softener.
Key Features of of springwell water filter and salt-free water softener
- The most usable feature of springwell salt-free water softener is that it crystallizes the calcium and brings it out along thus not leaving anything inside the pipe.
- This Springwell futuresoft product uses the Template Assisted Crystallization process, this process changes the magnesium and ionic form to harmless crystals.
- In this very stable form the crystals do not get attached to the pipes or fixtures surfaces and are easily flown out with the water.
- This Citric water softener requires a little less or no maintenance at all and also no filter change for four years.
- The Springwell futuresoft device gives you a 6-month money back guarantee as well as the lifetime warranty for all the parts and tanks.
Specifications of springwell water filter and salt-free water softener
- Can fulfil the requirement of 1-3 bathrooms and has the capacity of 1,000,000 Gallons of water.
- Springwell water filter is 48 inch height and has a weight of about 60 pounds which gives the flow rate of 12 Gallons per Minute.
Filtersmart Whole House Water Filter & Salt-Free Softener
The Filtersmart Whole House Water Filter & Salt-Free Softener uses the granules of coconut shell carbon filters to purify and remove the traces of mineral ions to almost undetectable level.
In this the purification will be provided to you to that extent in which it is drinkable and is safe for all the homes.
Key Features of Filtersmart Water Softener
- If you are eco-friendly, Filtersmart citrus water softener will suit you a lot as it does not use any electricity and almost no wastage of water is there.
- With filtersmart water filter product you will require very less or low maintenance and has the long lasting water filtration and also the softening for great taste.
- You can easily install filtersmart water softener easily as it is designed in such a way that you do not require any 3rd person from the store.
Specifications of Filtersmart Water Softener
- No electricity is required to drain or salt replacements
- Style of filtersmart water filter product is 1-3 Bath Combo, 7 GPM
Fleck 5600 SXT 64,000 Grains Water Softener
For if you a person who wishes to have the things which look modern Fleck 5600 SXT bought the best product for you. As it is both with a modern look and good user-interface.
Features of fleck 5600 metered water softener
- Fleck 5600 water softener is very easy to install and you will find a user guide in it and also it comes with the resin in the brine tanks making the installation easier.
- You will find not in the above, it has the flow meter which lets you keep track of the water used.
- And the primary feature of fleck 5600 which will amaze you is that it has the display system which has touch function shows the amount of remaining water and total control over the whole system
- And to amaze you, this product comes with a warranty period of 5-10 years for the valve and tank respectively.
Specification of fleck 5600 metered water softener
- Its Fleck 5600 SXT Metered controls is the most popular.
- The standard square brine tank includes this system of 14 inch wide, 14 inch long and 34 inch high can hold of about 250 lbs. of salt.
- The total product has a weight of about 180 pounds. And it does not include or require any battery.
Post for You:-
How does citric acid water softener work?
- When the water gets into the pipe for the flowing out, while passing through it passes through the citric acid filter.
- A citric acid water filter works by linking the mineral ions like calcium and magnesium ions to citric acid which metered slowly into the water source.
- Then water flows out from the tap for the purpose of usage.
- Here the citric acid is used as a chelating agent; it prevents the accumulation of limescales and removes the pre-accumulated build up of limescale.
Complete Installation of Citric Acid Water Softener
Citric Acid Water Softener vs Water Softener Salt
- Citric acid water softeners are the salt-free water softeners while the water softener salts use the salt for making water soft.
- Salt-free conditioners do not remove the heavy ions from the water but crystallises them. And they are present in the water all the time in crystal form which just do not react.
- While a water softener salt eliminates the mineral ions from the water using the ion-exchange resins which makes the water soft. And removes those minerals from the water.
- Salt-Based water Conditioners give you the more smooth water in the shower creating more bubbles while salt-free Water conditioner creates hardness crystals which do not react but the water still feels a bit heavy.
Drawbacks of using Citric Acid Water Softener
- The major disadvantage of water softening is that it raises the mark of potential health risk for the people who are on a low sodium diet.
- Maintenance of the filter. Also the cost of the citric acid filter is way more than that of the water softeners.
FAQs on Citric Acid Water Filter
How to Use Citric Acid in Water softeners?
Citrus works as an alternative to salt for water softening. You can directly put any citrus powder or item in the water which crystallise the ions.
Where to buy citric acid for water softener?
You can buy Citric acid for the purpose of water softening from any nearby store available.
How much does Citric Acid Water Softener cost?
The average cost of Citric Acid Water Softener is US $800, which must be replaced annually.
How much Citric acid should I use for my water softener?
Straight answer to your question is that 30 gms of Citric acid should be used in 1 litre of distilled water.
Citric Acid Water Softener 2021 Complete Guide